Justification to provide for project submission at gna.org
ueagle-atm is a new GPL driver by Matthieu Castet [matc] notably for Fast 800 modems and others
, based on ueagle (BSD)
by Damien Bergamini and eagle-usb (GPL)
both already hosted at gna.org.
- organizational : dedicated public ML for ADI / Sagem to reduce volume of mails and help them contribute, classical dev-ML
- development : cleaner code than eagle-usb and use of SVN for versionning
- development : reuse of usbatm library (GPL)
- development : clear separation of driver and dependancies on firmware blobs (USB firmware DSP code : freeing them is still work in progress)
- organizational : possible future integration in kernel, obtaining a libre/free licensing for firmware being seen as an obvious pre-requisite
Source code and documentation available
- we may not upload the firmware at gna.org as they are now clearly separated from driver
- for the moment being, we do not have a reverse engineered version of either firmware USB (ASM 8051) nor DSPcode (specific DSP chipset by ADI) :-(
- you may imagine how sorry we are for not being *fully* compliant with your constitution as we currently still rely on closed-source firmware blob
Previous requests for eagle-usb
[en] problem with USB firmware DSPcode which are still closed source
Installation at gna!
- verify licenses before uploading in the SVN area (for the moment, do not upload firmware or DSPcode if possible), update Dev:HeadersGPL (interwiki) or create HeadersLicenses?
- copy documentation on this wiki / update this wiki with latest cvs version for wikini